Thursday 8 January 2015

From Script to Screen: Initial research images/ character ideas

On Tuesday, we randomly selected the three story components the were to be used in out final animation for this project.
Thanks to the power of the blue box, I have to create story were my character is a Taxidermist and I need to include a bouncy castle as a prop and set it in or around a circus. 

Initially these three pieces threw me off, as I can see how the circus and the bouncy castle would go together but, I couldn't think of how I could incorporate the Taxidermy side of things into the story. The power point that is embedded into this post is a small amount of visual references and some initial character design ideas for the Taxidermist protagonist.

I will continue to explore story ideas over the next couple of days, and hopefully I will come up with some interesting ideas with which to work from. I hope to be much more productive this time round then I was on the last project so plenty of work to come. 


2 comments:

  1. Great start, Lewis! Have you thought about brainstorming with words associated with your chosen things? You may be able to see connections between the object/person/location that way. How are the story ideas going so far? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few story ideas so far, but there a bit rough and probably too complicated for what we need to do. Ill give the brainstorming idea a ago and see what I come up with. Thanks the for the advice :D

    ReplyDelete