Thursday 15 January 2015

Week 1: Life Drawing Class

For our new term of Life drawing we have a new model. This is a nice thing to experience as we are finally moving onto different body shapes and types, whereas last term we had the same model the entire time and it got a bit repetitive.

Now these images are my drawings from the day. although I'm still not perfect at Life drawing, I have definitely improved and am starting to draw much quicker then I used too. Although I still sometimes focus too much on details rather then just getting the whole body into the drawing.



 These two drawings are the first two poses that we had to focus on, they were longer poses which meant I could focus more on some of the detail of the body, as well as fitting the whole body into onto the paper.
I'm rather proud of these drawings because at the time of drawing, I was working much faster then I would normally have. Meaning I have begun to improve thanks to the course.









The sequence of images here, show the various quick poses that we had to draw. Although I said in the last paragraph that I was getting much quicker when drawing, I went back into my old habits and began to focus too much on getting the proportions right and the detail rather then quickly fitting the whole body into the pose. However I still like the drawing's as they can help to remind me to speed up in the future and not care too much about the detail on the bodies.






1 comment:

  1. It's obvious that you understand the structure of the male body and therefore these drawings are really good and will help in the future when you are designing your own characters.

    ReplyDelete